Zgraf jury announced - deadline approaching
Zagreb (Croatia) - The Croatian Association of Artists of Applied Arts (ULUPUH) has announced the full jury list for its International Exhibition of Graphic Design and Visual Communications, Zgraf 11. The deadline for submissions is 31 January 2012. Selected works will be exhibited at the main Zgraf exhibition, 15 March - 5 April 2012, and will be published in the Zgraf catalogue.
The main exhibition is international and is made up of two parts:
- Review – the regular international exhibition of selected works in the field of graphic design and visual communications
- Theme – international selected exhibition presenting works designed to a specific exhibition theme – this used to be the future. Through this theme Zgraf 11 aims to discuss again the relationship between design and social and political modernisation in the post-industrial era. It wants to affirm the idea of design that is closer to social development than to mere economic growth.
Submission deadline for both parts is 31 January 2012.
Works are submitted online through the online entry form.
During the exhibition programme Zgraf will host a series of lectures by the international jurors, which will be held at the Gorgona Hall of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Zagreb.
The following renowned International Jury members shall select the awarded works:
- Rick Poynor (United Kingdom) design theoretician and author of many well known books on design, typography and contemporary culture;
- Niklaus Troxler (Switzerland, winner of the Zgraf 10 grand prix award and a well known graphic designer and winner of many international graphic design awards;
- Huda Smitshuijzen AbiFares (Lebanon/Netherlands) is the author of books and articles dealing with multilingual communication and contemporary design in the Middle East;
- Barbara deWilde (United States) a well known designer who has designed for renowned names such as the Nobel prize winner Toni Morrison, the composers Randy Newman and Steve Reich as well as for numerous writers from Austen and Nabokov to Achebe and Updike;
- Boris Ljubičić (Croatia) an internationally renowned Croatian graphic designer whose works have travelled to many cities around the world and won many prizes on three continents.
For more information, please consult the ZGRAF 11 event page.
To participate, please download the Call for Submissions. The deadline for entries is 31 January 2012.
For additional information contact:
Croatian Association of Artists of Applied Arts
T +385 1 4576 919
F +385 1 4552 595
ULUPUH, the Croatian Association of Artists of Applied Arts, represents 17 different sectors: ceramics, graphic design, photography, industrial design, textile design, fashion design, theatre and film, jewellery design, architecture, horticulture, applied painting, caricature and animated films, as well as critics, restauration and multimedia. The association curates a gallery holding approximately 20 member exhibitions annually. ULUPUH also organises the International Exhibition of Graphic Design and Visual Communications (ZGRAF) triennial and the World Triennale of Small Ceramics.