Icograda-endorsed Zgraf 11 open for submissions
Zagreb (Croatia) - The Croatian Association of Artists of Applied Arts (ULUPUH) has announced the call for submissions to Zgraf 11 - an Icograda-endorsed international triennial exhibition of graphic design and visual communications. Held since 1975, it is the biggest exhibition of graphic design in Croatia. Over the years, it has gathered designers, theorists and critics from around the world to bring out the fundamental problems and position of design in contemporary society. The deadline for entries is 31 January 2012.
Zgraf 11 aims to discuss the relationship between design and social and political modernisation in the post-industrial era. It wants to affirm the idea of design that is closer to social development than to mere economic growth. It raises, once again, the questions of the nature and significance of design as a contemporary profession.
ZGRAF 11 is comprised of:
- A regular international exhibition of selected works produced in the area of graphic design and visual communication (Review). It will feature works produced in the area of graphic design and visual communications in the period from 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2011.
- An international thematic and selected exhibition under the theme, "This used to be the future." The best work in this segment will be awarded a special prize;
- Lectures and presentations by the members of the international jury and other experts in the field of graphic design and visual communications
- EduZgraf international workshops for students
- Ancillary events
- Rick Poynor (United Kingdom)
- Niklaus Troxler (Switzerland)
- Huda Smithujizen AbiFares (Lebanon)
- Barbara deWilde (United Stes)
- Boris Ljubicic (Croatia)
- Borut Vild (Serbia)
- Lena Balant (Slovenia)
- Ana Kunej (Croatia)
- Igor Stanišljević (Croatia)
- Dejan Krsic (Croatia)
To participate, please download the Call for Submissions. The deadline for entries is 31 January 2012.
For additional information contact:
Croatian Association of Artists of Applied Arts
T +385 1 4576 919
F +385 1 4552 595