Hong Kong International Poster Triennial (HKIPT)
ico-D is pleased to announce the Member Event "Still & Motion Hong Kong International Poster Triennial (HKIPT) 2020" competition organised by Hong Kong Designers Association.
*Call for entries has been extended to 30 September 2020.
Co-presented by Hong Kong Designers Association since 2001, Hong Kong International Poster Triennial (HKIPT) is a major event of Hong Kong Heritage Museum to document the development of international poster design, to celebrate achievements at regular intervals and to display excellent works of design. It has attracted participants from over 40 countries to submit posters in the categories of "Ideology", "Promotion of Cultural Events", "Commercial and Advertising" and a thematic category. This year the title is "Still & Motion", welcoming designers to submit animated posters.
The poster competition is open to designers and young design talents from all countries and regions. Selected entrants will be notified by e-mail within a month after the asessment and the list will be uploaded on the Hong Kong Heritage Museum website and HKIPT website. A prize presentation will be held together with an exhibition opening ceremony in 2021. "Still & Motion - Hong Kong International Poster Triennial 2020" Exhibition will be held in 2021 at the Hong Kong Heritage Museum to showcase the selected entries and judges' posters.
Call for entries (31 March 2020 - 29 May 2020):
1. "Still & Motion" is the theme of "Hong Kong International Poster Triennial 2020". This international poster design competition will be organised under four categories "(A) Ideology", "(B) Promotion of Cultural Events", "(C) Commercial and Advertising" and "(D) Animated Poster".
2. There is no limitation to the number of entries submitted by each entrant. Each printed poster entry can only enter one category from (A) to (C).
3. Posters under Categories (A) to (C): The minimum size of poster eligible for all entries is 420 x 594 mm and the maximum size is 1200 x 1800 mm.
4. Posters under Category (D): The entry must be in digital format with animated features. Duration should be between 10 to 15 seconds; file format should be GIF or MP4. Suggested ratio is 9:16; resolution of 1080 (width) x 1920 (height) px.
5. Drafts will not be accepted.
6. Entries for categories (A) to (C) should be printed in physical form. Entries for category (D) should be digital image or video files with animated features.
7. Entries for categories (B) and (C) should be posters published after 1 July 2016. Entries for categories (A) and (D) can be published or unpublished posters created after 1 July 2016.
8. No entry fee is required. Any costs arising from the production, postage, shipping, insurance and other incidental expenses of shipping and customs are at the expenses of the entrants. The entrants are required to obtain all permissions required for their entries at their own expenses.
Five international graphic designers have been invited to be the judges.
1. Mr. Philippe Apeloig / France
2. Mr. Bi Xuefeng / China
3. Mr. Erich Brechbühl / Switzerland
4. Mr. Yukimasa Okumura / Japan
5. Ms. Lisa Pommerenke / Germany
1. Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be selected for each category.
2. Judges Award: Named after the respective judges. Five international judges will each select one outstanding entry from all entries.
3. Trophies will be presented to all award winners. Certificates will also be presented to entrants whose works are selected.
4. All selected entries will be displayed at HKIPT2020 Exhibition in Hong Kong Heritage Museum in 2021 and published in an exhibition catalogue.