endorsed | DesignThinkers 2016
03 November 2016
04 November 2016
For its 2016 edition, DesignThinkers, the largest Canadian visual communications conference, is hosting an exciting speaker list of over 25 multi-disciplinary professionals in the field.
With over 2,000 attendees and 25+ speakers, DesignThinkers is Canada’s largest conference for visual communicators. It is a must-attend for any informed, forward-thinking creative, communications or marketing professional or team. The event, now in its 17th year, aims to create change agents who become drivers of innovation in the field of visual communications.
DesignThinkers 2016, taking place 3-4 November at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts in Toronto, delves into industry trends with visionaries from a range of communication-related disciplines including design, user experience, advertising, branding, consumer, engagement, film, social medial and entrepreneurship. Sessions teach delegates how to create effective communications by exploring cutting-edge innovation, the latest technology, demographic and ethnographic trends, strategic management techniques, cognitive theory and much more.
Register now to obtain the Early Bird rate ending 2 October!
- Paola Antonelli, Senior Curator of Architecture & Design & founding Director of Research & Development at the MoMA
- Ashleigh Axios, Creative Director & Digital Strategist at the White House
- Stefan Bucher, Author and the man behind 344lovesyou.com
- Cory Doctorow, graphic novel and science-fiction author, activist and journalist
- Tobias Frere-Jones, creator of some of the most widely used typefaces in the world
- Steven Heller, co-chair of the MFA Design / Designer as Author + Entrepreneur program and the SVA Masters Workshop in Rome
- Jenny Lam, cofounder of Jackson Fish Market
- Erin Sarofsky, Founder and Executive Creative Director of Sarofsky Corp
- Matt Willey, Art Director at The New York Times Magazine & co-founder Avaunt Magazine & Port Magazine
See the complete list of speakers here.
Nov 2: Workshops, Studio Open Doors Event, VIP Welcome Party
Nov 3-4: Two full conference days and delegate party
Nov 5: Design Educators Conference
Connect with DesignThinkers 2016 on Facebook, follow RGD's Twitter page and use the #rgdDT hashtag to stay tuned to the conference and share your live updates!
About ico-D Endorsements
Each year, ico-D endorses a select group of international activities that advance our objective to promote the value of design. Endorsed events demonstrate that they enhance the standards of design, ethics and professional practice. For design awards, an ico-D endorsement is recognition that it has been organised to meet international best practice guidelines under ico-D’s policies and best practices – including jury composition, evaluation criteria and intellectual property protection.
Find out how to apply for ico-D Endorsements here.