ico-D 26 General Assembly | Gwangju, South Korea
ico-D 26 General Assembly | Gwangju, South Korea
This page will be updated frequently with information about accommodations and GA programming.
who will attend
Attendance at the General Assembly is reserved for ico-D Member organisations and invited Observers.
The biennial General Assembly of ico-D Members establishes the direction of the Council. Members consider and vote on policy and programmes, elect the Executive Board for the next two-year term, ratify the admission of new Member organisations and fix the location of the next General Assembly. Additionally, all Members may propose items for the General Assembly agenda in advance of the meeting.
View the 26 General Assembly report here
agenda and events reminder
ico-D announces the Final Agenda for the 26 General Assembly. Please download the Agenda here.
The 26 GA will be held at 9:00AM on Thursday, 22 October, and continuing on Friday, 23 October.
The Educational, Professional and Promotional Platform Meetings will take place on 19 and 20 October 2015, during the Eeum: "Design Connects" 2015 International Design Congress.
Platform Meetings schedule:
• Educational Platform Meeting: 19 October 14:00 to 17:30
• Professional and Promotional Platform Meeting: 20 October 11:00 to 17:00
All events will be held at the Kimdaejung Convention Center in Gwangju.
ico-D Members are reminded to register their delegates (if attending) or their Proxy (if not attending) via the online registration site. The deadline to register for the 26 GA and the Platform Meetings is 22 September 2015.
For Members who cannot attend, we urge you to assign a proxy through the registration site to ensure your voice is heard.
board candidates announcement
ico-D is pleased to announce the candidates for the ico-D 2015-2017 Executive Board. The ico-D Executive Board is responsible for the effective governance of the Council and the vigorous pursuit of ico-D’s mission and objectives and adherence to its core values.
• Dr. Antoine Abi Aad, Lecturer - Coordinator, Advertising & Graphic Design, ALBA | Nominated for VP
• Mr. Zachary Ong, President, wREGA | Nominated for President Elect
• Mrs. Tyra von Zweigbergk, Vice Chairman, Svenska Tecknare | Nominated for Secretary General
• Mr. Peter Florentzos, Design Institute of Australia | Nominated for Treasurer
• Mr. Robert Glogowski, Member of the Board, BDG | Nominated for VP
• Prof. Heidrun Mumper-Drumm, Director of Sustainability Initiatives, Art Center College of Design | Nominated for VP
• Ms. Maria Dermosessian, Foreign Affairs Officer of Lebanese Graphic Design Syndicate | Nominated for VP
• Ms. Rebecca Wright, Programme Director, Central Saint Martins | Nominated for VP
• Dr. Cihangir Istek, Istanbul Bilgi University | Nominated for VP
The voting will be conducted during the General Assembly. Candidates will be voted in by Members for the following Board positions:
• President Elect 2015-2017 (President 2017-2019) (1position)
• Secretary General (1 position)
• Treasurer (1 position)
• Vice President (VP) (5 positions)
The Board nominations period closed on July 22nd, however, nominations from the floor will be accepted during the ico-D GA. Voting Members present at the GA may propose additional nominations, providing the individual nominated is present at the meeting and is willing to stand for election. For more information download the voting procedures here.
Limited-time special offers for participant accommodations have been secured in Gwangju. Hotels were selected after careful consideration of several factors to offer: security, moderate price, proximity to venue, convenient location and traffic situation, etc.
The special rates have been arranged by the official Housing Bureau, and are valid, space-permitting, until 11 September July 2015. We encourage all attendees to book as soon as possible.
The hotel booking is monitored by the Housing Bureau of 2015 IDC. To arrange your hotel reservation, fill out the hotel reservation form and send it to: .
Housing Bureau of 2015 IDC
Kim's Travel Service Co., Ltd.
Fax : +82-2-571-9921
See the Hotel Listing and Details here.
For more details on the Accommodations, visit the IDC page here.
Download Hotel reservation form.
• Hotel Reservation Deadline: 11 September, 2015, rooms/rates are not guaranteed after the date.
• Reservations are made on a first-come first-served basis.
• The hotel listing & room rates are subject to change due to local conditions.
Information about the requirements for obtaining a Visa to enter South Korea, including a full list of countries that require a Visa, can be found here. We encourage all those who will be applying for a Visa to do so as soon as possible, to avoid delays or complications.
For an official invitation letter to attend the ico-D 26 General Assembly, please fill out the request in the GA Registration form with information for each of your delegates and/or accompanying persons.
Platform Work Groups
Significantly this year, the Platform Work Groups will present their outcomes at the Gwangju Platform Meetings.
For more information on how to join the Work Group initiative:
• EduPM Work Group page here.
• ProfPM Work Group page here.
Click here for more information on becoming an ico-D Member.
We look forward to seeing you in Gwangju!