Hiii Typography 2014
The Icograda Endorsed Hiii Typography is an international typography design competition. Facing world-wide enterprises, design institutes, design companies, designers and students, it collects typography design works from any individual or group. Based on the www.hiiibrand.com website, the competitions aims to improve the communication and development of typography design, discover talents, while award the people who devote themselves to the designs and excellent works around the
The competition has two groups: Latin and Chinese, for which three categories are set up respectively: Typeface, Communication and Experimental. Participants are to upload their works to Hiiibrand.com. Based on the principle of justice and equity, several world-famous judges will select the winners for Grand Prix and Jury Awards. Other awards include Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit Awards for each category. The award-winning works will be published by New Graphic, a professional magazine for graphic design.
Latin: The candidate works must be typography designs based mainly on Latin letters, being created from 2010 to 2014. There’s no limitation on quantity, region or nationality. Entries from any company, group or individuals are eligible.
The competition is open to any individual, group or nationality.
Chinese: The candidate works must be typography designs based mainly on Chinese characters, being created from 2010 to 2014. There’s no limitation on quantity, region or nationality. Entries from any company, group or individuals are eligible.
- Akira Kobayashi, Japan, Type Director of Monotype
- Ruedi Baur, French and Swiss, The Rector of HGB (1997-2000),
- Philippe Apeloig, French, Graphic designer, Apeloig Design, AGI
- Kan Tai Keung, Hong Kong, China, SBS Founder & Director of KL & K DESIGN, The Dean of the Cheung Kong School of Art and Design, AGI
- Fang Cao, China, Professor, PHD supervisor of Nanjing Arts Institute, AGI
- Zhiwei Zhu, China, Type Director of Beijing Founder Electronics Co. Ltd.
Typeface: Required size and format: A4, JPG, 300dpi, RGB (not CMYK). Extended or revised versions of older, previously published type designs are not eligible. This includes upgraded typefaces with newly expanded glyph sets in the original script (e.g., with added Latin glyph subsets, design variants, small capitals, ligatures, swashes, alternates, numerical styles, expert, localized and historical forms, stylistic sets, ornaments).
Download the Application Guideline (the competition entry rules and the design format).
1. Latin Typeface category: Typefaces intended for use in Latin-based orthographies have historically made up the majority of submissions. Typeface designs should include a complete character set and a sample setting. Download the Latin Typeface Category Design Format.
2. Chinese Typeface category: Typefaces intended for use in Chinese-based orthographies have historically made up the majority of submissions. Typeface designs should include a complete character set and a sample setting. Download the Chinese Typeface Category Design Format. (Sheet 1 – 4)
Communication: Submissions for this category should be design works that have already been applied in the market.
Experimental: Experimental/Fine Art/Unpublished works, can be any works that have not been implemented or draft ones. No restriction to format, font, medium or form is set.
Submission processSubmissions may be entered via either method below.
- Online: Participators should register and login on the Hiiibrand website. Read a detailed guide to uploading the works.
- Via Email: If you choose submit your works via email, please send the files to us: firstname.lastname@example.org Read a detailed guide to uploading the works.
- Grand Prix: 1 entry
- Jury Award: 6 entries
- Gold Award: 2 entries
- Silver Award: 6 entries
- Bronze Award: 10 entries
- Merit Award: 20 entries
- Nominations: 100 entries
- Best Delegation:
The Award of “Best Delegation” is specially set for all association, alliance, schools and teachers around the world. Who can send the files to us before November 30, 2014. After the payment, the committee will help with the upload. Winners of this award will be selected by the committee based on quality and quantity of the entries submitted. We’ll later post names of the winners on the official website and issue to them award certifications.
Publications and Exhibitions:
- New Graphic Magazine
There will be series exhibitions of Hiii Typography in different cities more info about the exhibitions will be posted on the Hiiibrand website later.
For more information, visit the official website
Or please contact: email@example.com.
About endorsementsEach year, Icograda endorses a select group of activities internationally that advance our objective to promote the value of design. Endorsed events demonstrate that they enhance the standards of design, professional practice and ethics.
To learn more about Endorsements, visit here.