DesignThinkers is the annual conference of the Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario. Attracting over 1300 participants and a full line-up of fascinating speakers (and additional programming) DesignThinkers is Canada's largest, most important graphic design event. It is an occasion to listen, learn and interact with peers from across the country.
8-9 November 2012
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
255 Front St W, Toronto (Canada)
- Glenn Arnowitz, Director of Global Creative Services, Pfizer
- David Butler, VP, Innovation at the Coca-Cola Company
- Susan Bradley, title designer and art+motion graphics director in feature film
- Tom Eslinger, Saatchi & Saatchi NYC – Executive Creative Director – Innovation and Integrated Production; Worldwide Creative Innovation Director
- Francesco Franchi, Art Director for IL – Intelligence in lifestyle
- Julia Hoffmann, Creative Director of Advertising and Graphic Design at The Museum of Modern Art
- Randy J. Hunt, Creative Director at Etsy
- Neil Kellerhouse, Principal of Kellerhouse, Inc.
- Mike Kruzeniski, Principal Design Lead in the Windows Phone design studio for Microsoft
- Jake and Pum Lefebure, Co-founders of Design Army
- Jonah Lehrer, author of New York Times best-seller Imagine: How Creativity Works; contributing editor at Wired
- Harry Pearce, Partner in Pentagram’s UK office
- Andy Pratt, Creative Director at Funny Garbage
- Gabor Schreier, Creative Director at Saffron Brand Consultants
- Chris Simmons, Principal of MINE™
- Steve Slaunwhite specializes in helping business owners get more clients
- Kris Sowersby, Principal of Klim Type Foundry
- Lisa Strausfeld, Global Head of Data Visualization, Bloomberg
- Sophie Thomas, Founding Director of thomas.matthews
ADAA Awards Ceremony
This year, the 2012 Adobe Design Achievement Awards ceremony is moving to Toronto, Canada and will be presented in concert with the DesignThinkers Conference.
The 2012 ADAA Finalists will be honoured and recognised in a key-note awards ceremony in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Along with a chance to win a cash prize, mentorship and Adobe software, the Finalists will have a chance to attend the DT talks and network with design luminaries from across the globe.
Visit the ADAA website for more details.
Special rates apply for members of ACIDO, ADC, ADCC, AIGA, ARIDO, CAPIC, GDC, IABC, io, SDGQ, UCDA.
About RGD Ontario
RGD Ontario was created by an Act (Bill Pr56) of the Ontario Legislature in
1996 to grant graphic designers who qualify the right to use the designation
Registered Graphic Designer (R.G.D.). RGD Ontario is the only graphic design
association in North America to have this kind of legislation. RGD Ontario is a Professional Member of Icograda.