Joseph Binder Award 2012: Exhibition and Award Ceremony
This international competition for graphic design and illustration is held every two years and has been organised by Design Austria (DA), the Austrian interest organisation and knowledge centre for design, since 1996. The competition is named after Joseph Binder, a founder member of designaustria and Austrian graphic designer and illustrator whose pioneering impact was felt in both Europe and the United States throughout the first half of the twentieth century.
Professional designers or design students from all over the world are invited to participate, either as individuals or teams. They may enter projects in the fields of graphic design and illustration (individual works or series) that were realised and published between 2010 and 2012. The special category Design Fiction (see below) is open for unpublished and unrealised projects.
The number of entries is not limited.
- Susanne Breitfeld, communication designer, board member BDG, Germany
- Tom Gloesener, graphic designer, Vidale-Gloesener, Luxembourg
- Clemens Heider, corporate designer init_cd, heider.klausner corporate design, Austria
- Andreas Jabobs, communication designer, Kaiserliche Anstalt, president AGD, Germany
- Lars Müller, graphic designer and publisher, Lars Müller Publishers, Switzerland
- Karen Schmutz, graphic designer SGD, Switzerland
- Tim Weiffenbach, illustrator, president IO, Germany
- Corporate Design
corporate identity programmes, logotypes, office stationary, etc.
- Communication Design
advertisements, brochures, leaflets, cards, folders, etc.
- Information Design
signage systems, forms, pictograms, diagrams, user instructions, etc.
- Type Design
fonts, typefaces, lettering, etc.
- Poster Design
outdoor or indoor posters, small-size or large-size
- Editorial Design
books, catalogues, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Packaging Design
packages, labels, CD covers, etc.
book and media illustration, storyboards, character design, etc.
- Special Category: Design Fiction
unpublished works, independent or non-commercial projects
For more information, please contact: