- The organisation must:
• have national status
• actively work to raise design standards and the conditions within which designers practice design
• be in operation for a minimum of 24 months
• be willing to actively engage in ico-D activities and to promote the activities, principles and standards of ico-D
• complete an application form
• pay an annual membership fee
A Promotional Member is entitled to take part in all ico-D programmes and projects and is invited to propose and host projects and events. Full participation in the Promotional Platform and its related Working Groups is open to all Promotional Members.
An Promotional Member is invited to attend the biennial ico-D General Assembly as a Delegate and has certain voting rights in the governance of the Council.
Download the full list of member benefits and responsibilities.
ico-D’s membership fee structure is established by the Executive Board and ratified by the membership at the General Assembly. Fees are reviewed on a biennial basis.
The ico-D membership pricing policy that determines the fees for each zone is based on per capita Gross National Income (GNI). The GNI figures are provided by the World Bank. This policy was adopted by the ico-D General Assembly in order to ensure equitable payment by members in different economic situations.
Download the full pricing schedule and policies.