ICOGRADA DESIGN WEEK 2008: CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Background: About Icograda Design Week
Icograda Design Week is Icograda's signature event brand. It examines and promotes the role of communication design in an international context, considering both cultural and economic axes. The goal of an Icograda Design Week is to create a platform that promotes the development of the design profession and to allow Icograda members to communicate and share resources with one another. An Icograda Design Week provides a high-quality professional development, educational and networking experience for delegates.
Recent Icograda Design Week's have been hosted in Brno (Czech Republic), Istanbul (Turkey), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Hong Kong (China), Seattle (United States) and Tshwane (South Africa). The events have typically attracted between 400-500 delegates from more than 20 countries.
The mission of Icograda Design Week is to recognise events organised by Icograda Members that are of international calibre. It celebrates the diverse activities of Icograda's members that use design as a medium for progressive change.
The components of an Icograda Design Week
Icograda Design Week is hosted by an Icograda Member Association (the organiser), and its core components are:
- a conference or seminar that is international in program and vision
- a student workshop or education focussed event
In addition to these two elements, an Icograda Design Week will also include:
- a regional meeting of Icograda members and stakeholders
- a meeting of the Icograda Executive Board
Additional events may be proposed as part of an Icograda Design Week.
Benefits of hosting Icograda Design Week
Past Icograda Design Weeks have achieved the following outcomes for their organisers:
- Attendance by design leaders and policy makers from more than 22 countries, with an international representation of speakers presenting projects from around the world.
- Substantial local, national and international press coverage.
- Parallel meetings with key design policy stakeholders in both government and academic circles.
- Highly visible participation by local, national and international sponsors and partners
- Profile for the organisers with Icograda's international affiliates such as UNESCO and UNDP.
Deadline for proposals
The deadline for proposals to host an Icograda Design Week in 2008 is 15 January 2007. All submissions will be considered by the Icograda Executive Board at its first meeting in 2007. Selected submissions (maximum two) will be notified no later than 31 March 2007.
Download complete information here.
For further information please contact: