The 2018 Adobe Design Achievement Awards has opened its call for submissions.
Since 2009, ico-D has proudly partnered with the creative software giant Adobe on the Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA) for young design talents. Since 2016, the focus of this competition has been to help students launch their careers, a topic that should be of utmost importance to all educational institutions launching freshly-trained designers out into the job market.
The Adobe Design Achievement Awards celebrate student achievement in multiple areas of design including Graphic Design, Print Design, Illustration, Photography and Animation. The competition—which showcases individual and group projects created with Adobe creative software—is free to enter and offers the opportunity for young design talents to have their work displayed on an international platform and profit from the international recognition an award of this type can offer. Entering a competition like this is not only is an opportunity for your students to get a first taste of the process of application, and run a chance to have their work — and by extension your educational institution— be recognized, but also a chance to participate in Adobe international networking opportunities, mentorship opportunities and more. Find out more out the contest, prizes, rules and more at: adobeawards.com
All ico-D Educational Member institutions have much to gain from encouraging their students to enter their best work:
- it is a learning opportunity for the students to learn to select, present and defend their work on an international forum
- it is a chance for the student to increase the reach of their work
- it is an opportunity to promote the quality of design education in your region
Fine Art (for its own sake)
- Photography (e.g. Abstract, Landscape, Portrait, Still Life, Image Editing, etc.)
- Graphic Design / Print (e.g. Abstract, Typography, Posters, Print Publications, etc.)
- Illustration (e.g. Abstract, Landscapes, Digital Painting, Character Design, etc.)
- Animation / Motion Graphics (e.g. Short animated films, stop-motion films, kinetic typography, hand-drawn animation, etc.)
- Video Editing/Post-Production (e.g. Short live-action films, special effect compositions, etc.)
Commercial (for a client, fictional or real)
- Photography (e.g. Architecture, Product, Fashion, Portrait, Image Editing, etc.)
- Print / Graphic / Illustration (e.g. Advert, Brand Identity, Posters and Banners, Infographics, Publications, etc.)
- Video Editing / Post-Production (e.g. Advert, Short Film, Music Videos, Film Titles, Special FX, etc)
- Animation / Motion Graphics (e.g. Advert, Short Film, Music Video, Film Titles, etc.)
- Packaging Design (e.g. Food and Drink, Consumer Products, etc.)
- Web / App / Game Design (e.g. Landing page, Website, Web app, Mobile app, etc.)
Social Impact (for a social or environmental cause)
- Photography / Print / Illustration / Graphic (A still graphic (or series of still graphics) created to influence change towards a social or environmental cause.)
- Video Editing / Post-Production / Animation / Motion Graphics (A video, animation, or motion graphics piece created to influence change towards a social or environmental cause)
- Web / App / Game Design (A website, mobile app, or game created to influence change towards a social or environmental cause.)
- Early Bird deadline: 30 April 2018
- Final deadline 11 June 2018
Students who enter the competition during the Early Bird period get extra exposure for their work; they have MULTIPLE chances to make the Semifinals.
- For competition dates and categories: https://www.adobeawards.com/competition
- For prizes and benefits: https://www.adobeawards.com/benefits
- To see entries submitted in real time: https://www.adobeawards.com/live (sort by Category / Region / Country / School / Status)
- To see last year's Finalists and Winners: https://www.adobeawards.com/showcase (sort by Category / Status)
- For information on the 2018 agency mentorship pilot: https://www.adobeawards.com/mentors
The ADAA website has a strong community component where standout student work is exhibited, and inspiring stories are published about emerging creatives going after their dreams.
Even those who do not chose to submit this year might be interesting in joining the community and seeing what the next class of creative professionals are up to. The ADAA is active on the following social platforms:
- Follow the ADAA on Instagram
- Like the ADAA on Facebook
- Follow the ADAA on Twitter
- Follow the ADAA on Pinterest
- Subscribe to the ADAA Career Blog
Launching Student careers since 2001, the Adobe Design Achievement Awards is a global digital media competition for student creators. Connected to industry professionals, academic leaders, and top brands, the ADAA aims to launch the next generation of student careers. Students could win recognition from the global creative community, Adobe software, mentorship, and more.
The Adobe Design Achievement Awards celebrate student achievement reflecting the powerful convergence of technology and the creative arts. The competition - which showcases individual and group projects created with industry-leading Adobe creative software - honors the most talented and promising student graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, animators, digital filmmakers, game developers and computer artists from the world's top institutions of higher education.
- The contest is free to submit!
- Win recognition
- Win Adobe software
- Win a mentorship