2011 DesignThinkers Conference
At RGD Ontario's 12 annual DesignThinkers Conference, the industry's leading visual communicators come together once again to discuss how design builds relationships between organizations, products and people.
From branding to sustainability, interactive to editorial design, film titling to innovation, our visionary thinkers are drawn from the many disciplines that reflect the diversity of graphic design communications. Join us as they present their perspectives and give us a deeper understanding of the important and impactful role design and communications play in our ever-changing world.
2 - 3 November 2011, 9:00-17:00
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
255 Front St W, Toronto (Canada)
- Deborah Adler, Firm Owner, Deborah Adler Design
- Jason Bruges, Jason Bruges Studio
- David C. Baker, Author and Founder, ReCourses.com
- Bill Buxton, Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research
- Brian Collins and Leland Maschmeyer, Chief Creative Officer and Creative Director, COLLINS
- Jessica Hische, Letterer and Illustrator, Daily Drop Cap
- Chip Kidd, Designer and Author, Knopf Publishing
- Steve Edge, Owner, Steve Edge Design
- Tom Geismar, Principal, founding partner, Chermayeff & Gelsmar
- Sagi Haviv, Principal, partner and designer, Chermayeff & Gelsmar
- Ivan Chermayeff, Principal, founding partner, Chermayeff & Gelsmar
- Rob Giampietro, Principal, Project Projects
- Stanley Hainsworth, Chairman and Chief Creative Officer, Tether
- Allan Haley, Director of Words and letters, Monotype Imaging
- Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer, AKQA
- George Lois, Author "The Art of Advertising"
- David MacKay, Country Manager, Omniture Solutions, Adobe Systems
- Bobby Martin and Jennifer Kinon, Founding Partners, Original Champions of Design (OCD)
- Patrick Mitchell, Founder and Creative Director, Pluto Media
- Craig Mod, Writer, designer, publisher and developer, Flipboard
- Richard Morrison, Title designer
- Christoph Niemann, Illustrator, "I Lego New York"
- Eddie Opara, Partner, Pentagram
- William Poundstone, Author, "The Myth of Fair Value"
- Christian Schwartz, Partner, Commercial Type
- Aaris Sherin, Founder, Fit to Thrive
- Todd Simmons, Executive Creative Director, Wolff Olins
- Robert Wong, Executive Creative Director, Google Creative Labs
DesignThinkers will offer additional events including:
- 1 November, Studio Open House
- 2 November, Opening Party
- 3 November, Closing Dinner
For more information on the conference and/or extra events, and to register please visit designthinkers.com.
Special rates for members of ACIDO, ADC, AIGA, CAPIC, GDC, IABC, Icograda, SDGQ and UCDA.
About RGD OntarioRGD Ontario was created by an Act (Bill Pr56) of the Ontario Legislature in
1996 to grant graphic designers who qualify the right to use the designation
Registered Graphic Designer (R.G.D.). RGD Ontario is the only graphic design
association in North America to have this kind of legislation. RGD Ontario is a Professional Member of Icograda.